Open Air Gallery Ski & Snowshoe Trail
January 1 – March 27, 2022
Open Every Day from Dawn to Dusk*
Gear up for a one-of-a-kind outdoor art experience! Ski or snowshoe at your own pace, and on your own time, through winter-proof works by 20 artists. The 2-mile trail begins at HCA and traverses the fields of neighboring Wilson Farm, offering various paths for all ages and abilities. From the majestic to the comical, delight in diverse art pieces in a beautiful natural setting.
Let us know you’re coming! Advance signup is not required this year, but it helps us plan for the future.
You won’t get lost without it, but the map is great for identifying artworks and artists when you’re on the trail.
Donations help us maintain the trail, bring in great artists, and keep it free for all. Thanks so much for the support!
Having attracted thousands of visitors in its inaugural year, The Winter Trail is back with the work of 20 artists nestled into a snowy rural landscape to be enjoyed while bundled up on skis or snowshoes. Not all art is made to withstand a Vermont winter and not all people want to add a workout to their cultural enjoyment but we think there is nothing better than getting outside, getting the heart rate up, and experiencing big art up close and, if you’re lucky, draped in a fresh layer of snow.
If you come on a weekend, stick around and enjoy a hot toddy and culinary treats while sitting fireside in a festive outdoor environment. And, new this year, any day of the week you can bring your skates and take a twirl around the Greensboro Community Skating Rink, located on HCA’s front lawn.
THANK YOU WILSON FARM for sharing your farmland for this trail and exhibit. Wilson Farm Market opens in May but you can find their culinary herbs, teas, elixirs, and salves all year round at wilsonherbfarm.com
*Services such as restrooms and the limited equipment library (located in the entryway) are available Wednesday through Sunday from Noon to 4 PM. The Café is open for outdoor dining on Saturday and Sunday from 11 AM to 3 PM.
Open Air Café
HCA’s Café will be open from 11 AM to 3 PM Saturdays and Sundays for light lunch fare, delicious treats and warm drinks served outdoors. Relax by the warming fires, take in the beautiful winter landscape and enjoy refreshments in the open air.
Greensboro Community Skating Rink
In partnership with the Greensboro Recreation Committee, we have built a new skating rink! Some skates will be available in our equipment library which is open Wednesday through Sunday Noon to 4 PM or by chance.
Most artwork is for sale. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
For everyone’s safety & enjoyment, we have implemented the following guidelines:
- This is an outdoor trail on snow. The trail may not always be groomed. Follow the artwork and the skis to stay on the trail.
- The trail is open from dawn to dusk.
- Please stay on the marked trail.
- Please wear skis or snowshoes on the trail.
- Only use the trail if you have no symptoms of COVID-19.
- Dogs are not allowed on the trail.
- No smoking on HCA or Wilson Farm property.
- Do not touch the artwork.
- Do not climb on the artwork.
- We encourage you to take photos but no commercial photography is allowed.
- Masks are required indoors.
- Services such as restrooms and the limited equipment library (located in the entryway) are available Wednesday through Sunday from Noon to 4 PM or by chance. The Café is open Saturdays and Sundays from 11 AM – 3 PM.
- Skate, ski, and snowshoe at your own risk.
The 2021 Winter Trail in the News!
The Times Argus, ‘Where Are We Going?’: Art and Skis in Greensboro
Seven Days, Highland Center for the Arts Adorns a Snowy Trail With Sculpture in Greensboro
NBC, Outdoor Art Gallery on Vt. Ski and Snowshoe Trail